2/20/12

climax.


I can't remember the last time that a number appeared on my phone and I actually responded to the butterflies. I can't remember the last time I closed my eyes and saw myself capable of loving. I can't remember the last time I felt anxiety at the hope of seeing someone one day again. I can't remember the last time I felt an instant connection with a man of substance. I can't remember the last time I felt healthy enough to be in a relationship. I can't remember the last time I laid in a bed with a man with my all of my clothes on. I can't remember the last time I felt my body smiling. I can't remember the last time I ached to express romance. I can't remember the last time I felt I had someone to work for, to look forward to.

And then you saw me for the first time, pointed at me, and smiled.
And instantly, I remembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment