8/2/20

I wonder when

I wonder when you began to hate me.
We were incandescent, immortal, invincible… Together we could have taken over the world. Or, at least, that’s what I always thought.  That’s what you always said. 
Until you didn’t anymore.
During those three years - the three years we were always flying too close to the sun - I watched as your eyes changed:
from fascination to admiration
from resignation to regret
Did my eyes mirror the same emotions? Did mine give me away as easily as yours did?
I remember the late nights we would spend together, drinking pink wine and watching old movies, our legs bare and tangled together under your comforter that smelled of dirt and lavender.  The bed was never made and the room reflected that.  It was a reflection of you, you told me.  A free-spirit, a creative soul. 
But to me it just always looked messy.
I guess the most important question is: 
when did I begin to hate you?


( this is not my work. just came across through a blog I follow. the words resonated and wanted to share the beauty and never forget. 7:13 p.m. august 1, 2020)

No comments:

Post a Comment