6/15/11

beneath the masks

drag me like a cigarette, i'll be your nicotine

and kiss me soft and sweet darling, compliment my dreams

wrap me like a present, i'm far sweeter under my seams


hold me like a child, hesitate to let me go

and fuck me like you did last night,

it's unbelievable, i know.

touch me like an angel would, if they could touch your skin

and breathe me like a passing wind, the kind you feel warm in

crave me like an addict would, if it had been some time

like when they first had tried cocaine and they were in their prime.

stare so far into my eyes that you truly feel lost,

and lock me in your arms tonight as if there were no cost

i swear by this, i really do, just standing near to you

the fire and the spark between our bodies proves it's true

with not much to believe in, i still ache to trust in this

maybe i'm insane or simply terrified of bliss

but your number seems to flash upon my phone so late at night

and this feeling that waves through me clearly proves my theory right

i'll wait for you, i'll wait for this, i'll wait for all it takes

the recklessness that has beautifully hand crafted my mistakes

that's my flaw, this you know, but i think you kind of like

i'm broken and i'm messy yet this makes us so alike

you have all of me completely on a string held by those hands

and the justice of this situation i will never understand

but waking up with you is like nothing words could say

i want us naked in your bed every second, every day

you've done this to me, this is entirely your fault

your body and this wine manipulated me from the start


i'm captivated, motivated, and for me this is so rare

and these bites along my neckline show that no one can compare

the shake of my legs, the rock of your hips and those lips i long to taste

Lord please don't let these moments fail and fade away to waste


It's a crime, you and I, but it feels so fucking good

it feels the way perfection feels and how certainty should.

just lay with me and pass the day we'll feed eachothers needs

this puzzle we're completing makes me eager to succeed

i'd die for this happily and risk it all on cue

cause more and more, the seconds pass, i'm more in love with you


1 comment: