6/15/11

noon

The stars align our names with the thought of what's forbidden
what is the definition of aching and yearning and desire
and the sky lights up over spots on the earth filled with speeding cars
and loud vibrations
and you and i
and us
and we
with your fingers grasped in mine i swear i could conquer this mess called life
and a mother cradles her newborn baby
and a father guides his son with a wooden bat and glove
and two lovers lie awake just for the thrill of the chemistry in the room
and you look at me
through me
with me
and i'm oh so sure of what i have no idea of
and i'm oh so definite about something i can't even speak about
and i'm oh so set on this possibility we've created
and explored
and attempted
and began
and the clock strikes noon and the bird flies home and the clouds fill up with rain
and the song gently plays and the moonlight dims and the candle burns a flame
and the widow cries and the elderly dies and the heartbreaker accepts the blame
and i love you
and i hope you love me too
and i think you love me too
and i wish you love me too
and you love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment